I would just like to highlight a few items from Save Darfur Canada (SDC).
2. I just received a mailing from SDC called the Darfur Advocacy News which has the following to say about Stand Canada’s election performance:
Stand Canada acheived some important successes over the course of this election. Notably, their new elections website and blog. 51 candidates who publicly expressed their support for Stand`s Speak the name! campaign were elected across the country, including 8 Members of Parliament (MPs) from the Conservative Party, 27 from the Liberal Party, 14 from the NDP and 2 from the Bloc Québécois.
They also give a shout-out to the blog!
3. At the end of the mailing they point out a few upcoming events:
– US Save Darfur Coalition national conference, Nov. 7-9 in Washington D.C. (apparently FREE)
– 2008 Annual Royal Society of Canada Symposium: The Cultures of War and Peace, Ottawa, Nov. 14;
– Holocaust Memorial Week Toronto, November 2nd to 9th :
– Save Darfur Human Rights Fair Kitchener – Waterloo, November 28th