STAND Canada advocates to make preventing and ending genocide a cornerstone of Canadian domestic and foreign policy. We are dedicated to providing Canadians with the educational and advocacy tools that they need to take action toward a world without genocide.
Since it was founded in 2005, STAND has become the leading organization in Canada for youth-led anti-genocide activism. With eight university chapters across Canada, STAND relies on the strength of its national membership to provide Canadians with the educational and advocacy tools that they need to take action against genocide and crimes against humanity.
Time Commitment: 5 hours per week during 1 year
Volunteer Program Management and Evaluation
- Work with the Human Resources Director to create and implement all Volunteer Engagement Policies and Procedures
- Act as first point of contact for any inquiries related to the program
- Maintain all volunteer records
- Ensure compliance regarding volunteers
Volunteer Recruitment and Screening
- Prepare volunteer postings and recruitment strategies
- Post volunteer opportunity adverts
- Shortlist, interview and match volunteers to appropriate roles
- Plan for volunteer retention and replacement
- Facilitate the onboarding of volunteers
Engagement and Supervision
- Work with the HR Director to resolve performance issues within the volunteer team
- Create processes for offering and receiving feedback
Reward and Recognition
- Develop ways to recognize and reward volunteer efforts
- Manage volunteer communications
This job may require other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the Human Resources Director
The ideal candidate will have some or all of the following skills, knowledge, and experience :
- 2-3 years related experience in a non-profit volunteer or HR coordination role
- University degree, or equivalent experience, in a related field
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience using google drive and remote office software
- Ability to create and implement processes and procedures
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information
- Proficient with maintaining records
- A positive, team focused attitude
To apply, please fill out the application form.
To apply for this job please visit www.standcanada.org.